First Time’s the Charm
On August 13, 2016, I walked toward Barnes & Noble armed with my trusty computer and an idea I’d been discussing with my friends. I wandered through the aisles of the bookshop–a compulsory activity whenever I enter a book store–and settled in the café after dropping $50 on a few new reads. I wrote for a short while, powered by iced tea, and walked out of the Barnes & Noble with the first post for ColeTries.com.
62 posts and 52 weeks later, I’m still going strong. I’ve made new connections, invited guest writers to participate, and encountered a veritable smorgasbord of new things. I’ll spare my readers all the mushy details–suffice it to say I love this project, I love all my readers, and I can’t wait to take this even further. Now, let’s get to the good stuff.
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of ColeTries.com, I’m kicking off one full week of posts, starting tomorrow. Each post for the next seven days will feature a giveaway related to the new thing within the post. To enter for a chance to win that prize, share the post on Facebook and tag the Cole Tries page, my personal page, or both. The prizes include gift cards, books, novelty items, and more! Keep your eyes peeled for the first post and prize tomorrow evening!
Each giveaway will run for seven days after it is published, and the winners will be announced after each respective giveaway closes. Some things to consider:
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- Participants can win more than one giveaway, provided they share the corresponding post and tag one of the pages.
- Participants may not win more than one prize from a single giveaway.
- If a participant shares a post but does not tag a page, their entry is at my discretion. This mainly depends on whether I see the shared post.
- All prizes will be delivered by mail; winners must provide a mailing address.
- I will make a reasonable effort to contact contest winners shortly after each giveaway closes. If a winner does not respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will go to the next eligible participant, chosen at random.
- Prize delivery may be delayed until all giveaways have ended. This is simply to avoid a logistical nightmare.
Finally, thanks to everyone who’s read, shared, or contributed in any way! Some great things are coming down the pipeline for ColeTries.com–stay tuned!